With this recipe its all up to you. It is the easiest pizza base to put together and have a pizza in the same time it takes to have one delivered to you. Its a great way to have a make and do create your own and get the family and friends involved. Great for the kids that want to be able to be able to create their very own master piece.
Self Raising Flour
Pinch of Salt
Italian seasoning or any other seasoning/spice that your desire
1. Pour half a bag of flour into a large mixing bowl
2. Add in the salt and as much seasoning/spice as you desire and mix
3. Slowly add in the water, small amounts at a time, stopping in between each add to bring the dough together to form a ball that comes away from the sides of the mixing bowl easily. Once the dough is form stop adding water!
4. To roll out the dough place a large piece of grease proof baking paper on a flat surface, dust with a light coating of flour and place the dough into the middle of it and dust the top of the dough with flour, then place another piece of grease proof baking paper the same size on top
5. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough out to desired shape and size, then remove the top sheet of baking paper
6. Using either a pizza baking tray or a baking tray with small vents in it, place the dough on the grease proof baking paper onto the tray you are using
7. Carefully place into the middle of a warm oven at 200-220 degrees C for 2-5 min until firm to the touch, then remove from oven and flip the base over and place back into the oven for another 2-5 min until firm to the touch
8. Once firm remove from oven and flip over again and add your sauce and toppings and place back into the oven for 15-18 min until cheese is melted just the way you like it
For my tomato sauce I use tomato puree and add in chilli flakes, chopped oregano, chopped basil, pinch of salt, ground black pepper, garlic powder and onion powder. I place the puree into a mixing bowl and add in the desired amount of each spice and mix completely. Its all up to you how much spices and herbs you put in, also you can add anything you desire to your very own sauce (its all about your own taste)
This pizza is a chicken, egg, cherry tomatoes, chilli, garlic and rosemary.
Instead of tomato you could use green/red pesto as the sauce which adds a great twist to an already favourite meal.
Also if you simply just wanted garlic bread, cover the base in olive oil and scatter freshly chopped garlic, pinch of salt and Italian seasoning evenly on top and place in oven until garlic has turned golden brown.
Then for the toppings is open season, create your own and have fun with it.