Short Crust Pastry
1 ½ cups flour
2 tbsp sugar
½ tsp salt
½ cup butter
¼ cold water
1. Mix flour, sugar, salt and butter together
2. Add in the cold water and combine into a ball
3. Wrap in cling film and place in fridge for half an hour
4. Once chilled remove from fridge and turn out onto floured surface
5. Roll the dough into the shape you desire to fit the your greased dish.
6. If you are blind baking for a recipe, poke a few holes in the bottom with a fork and place grease proof paper on top of the pastry and pour baking beads in to keep the dough from raising in the oven.
7. Place in a warm oven at 180 for 15- 20 min until crust is hardened.
Using this as a base you can make a verity of different tarts, pies, and desserts.
Make up the double the short crush pastry as you will need to cover the top but this time do not blind bake.
For the filling :
2 cooking apple
2 pink lady apple
1 fuji apple
2 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tsp ground glove
1 tsp all spice
3-4 tbsp of caster sugar
1 egg lightly beaten
1. Chop apples and remove the cores
2. Place chopped apples into a sauce pan
3. Add in the rest of the ingredients and mix
4. Stew the apples on a low to medium heat until the cooking apples are soft
5. While the apples stew grease a deep dish baking pan and place the short crust into it making sure it comes up the sides.
6. Once apples stewed pour into deep dish evenly
1 cup flour
1 cup brown soft sugar
½ cup butter
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp glove
7. Mix all the ingredients into a bread crumble texture using your fingers and palms
8. Sprinkle the crumble over the top of the stewed apples
9. Place into warm oven at 180 degrees C for 40 – 50 min
10. Once baked remove from oven and allow to cool.
11. You can serve this with ice-cream or whipped cream