1 cup ground almond
1 cup rolled oats
¼ cup xylitol ( only if you want it sweet)
½ cup protein powder
1 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
4 egg whites
½ cup water (only add this once everything else is mixed. depending on how wet and dry the mixture is, if to dry add enough water to make it wet)
1. Mix all the dry ingredients except for the regular rolled oats together.
2. Add in all the wet ingredients and stir until blended.
3. Once well mixed, fold in the one cup of regular oats
4. Then place in the fridge for about 3 hours to ‘set’.
5. Roll into small balls and then place on a lined baking tray.
6. Place into a 180 degree pre-heated oven for 8-10 minutes.
7. Once baked remove from oven and let cool before serving.
Note that for extra flavor, you can sprinkle a mixture of cinnamon and xylitol on top of the cookie before placing it in the oven to bake.