4 egg whites
Pinch of salt
1 cup of caster sugar
1. Preheat oven to 120 degrees C
2. Beat the egg whites and salt in a mixing bowl till stiff and peaks can form
3. Once peaks form slowly pour (rain) the sugar into the eggs as you continue to beat for another 4 – 5 min
4. Once sugar is completely combined, use a spoon or piping bag to place desire amount onto a baking tray lined with grease proof baking paper leaving enough space between each one
5. Reduce the heat of the oven to 90 degrees C and place tray into oven for 1 ½ hours
6. Once baked turn off the oven and allow to cool in oven.
Optional: If you want to add colour or a flavour to the meringue, you can add in a few drops of any extract or colouring when you are adding in the sugar to the egg whites. The ones in the picture I sprinkled cocoa powder onto half the batch to create a chocolate sprinkle mix.