Honeycomb / Crunchie
¾ cup sugar
4 tbsp golden syrup
1-2 tsp of baking soda
1. Line a baking tray with grease proof baking paper and then grease the paper lightly
2. Mix the sugar and golden syrup in a very large heavy based saucepan
3. Put on a medium heat for 3 to 4 min until sugar has dissolved and is golden in colour
4. Take of the heat and stir in the baking soda quickly as the whole mix will bobble up like a volcano
5. Make sure that it is mixed well and pour into the prepared baking tray
6. Leave to cool completely
7. When cooled you get to have some fun with a wooden spoon or rolling pin by breaking the honeycomb in pieces.
Optional: using some melted chocolate you can coat the broken pieces and leave to set on a baking tray lined with grease proof baking paper.